Additional Resources

If you are in need of a private attorney for a criminal matter, please contact the SAO for a referral.

If you cannot afford a private attorney, contact the RI Office of the Public Defender at:

J. Joseph Garrahy Complex
One Dorrance Plaza
Providence, Rhode Island 02903
(District Courts for Providence/Bristol and Providence Family Court)
Main Phone Number 458-3050

If you are discriminated against by any individual employed by Providence College contact:
Office of Civil Rights,
U.S. Department of Education

Students who need assistance or who wish to file a complaint under FERPA  should do so in writing to the Family Policy Compliance Office at:

Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20202-5920

If you feel as through your rights have been compromised on campus, submit your case to the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education( or contact:
Peter Bonilla
Program Officer, Individual Rights Defense Program
Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE)
Phone: 215-717-3473

Caught Underage Drinking?